Based on a lifetime of getting things done and hitting deadlines, Dr Mike Clayton combines psychological principles with powerful practical solutions to show you how you can:
- Spot what's important, and focus on it to really make a difference
- Enjoy productive time and take the chore out of work
- Programme your mind for productivity
- Make multi-tasking work for you
- Schedule your activities to get more done and leave time for yourself
- Say NO to things that just get in the way
Yet you want to do more, you want to achieve better things, you want to get more out of the time you have: you wish there were more hours in the day.
Practical Time Management cannot give you more time, but it sure can show you how to use the time you have to the greatest effect!
You will learn how you can...
- Balance the extremes of your personality to find productivity, success, and happiness in the middle
- Apply Mike's powerful OATS principle to gain control of your working day
- Schedule activities into your day for maximum productivity and minimum work left over at the end of the day
- Set goals so that you really do achieve them
- Distinguish between what is important in your life, and what is merely urgent
- Tame your to do list and convert it into your formula for productive delivery
- Handle your backlog of work calmly and effortlessly
- Avoid the multi-tasking trap, to get more gone, more quickly and with fewer mistakes
- Handle interruptions by applying the five strategies to keep control of your day
- Distinguish between overwhelm and overload, and apply successful strategies to each
- Overcome the stress of feeling overwhelmed, by seizing control using Mike's awesome seven-step procedure
- Avoid those fatal four words: “leave it with me"
- Create real extra time in your day by delegating effectively
- Become a master of time estimation
- Schedule your time to produce better work and get more done
- Say "NO" with confidence, to keep in control of your time and, ultimately, to increase the respect people have for you
- … and, finally, you will learn why your attitude to time affects everything
Mike is on of the UK's leading personal effectiveness and project management trainers. He has over 20 years' experience of training professionals, managers, and team-members throughout the UK and in Europe and the US. He is the author of thirteen top-selling business, management, and personal effectiveness books, including four on time management topics:
- Brilliant Time Management (in its second edition as: How to Manage your Time). (Pearson, 2011 and 2015)
- Powerhouse: Turbo-boost your Effectiveness and Start Making a Serious Impact. (Capstone/Wiley, 2015)
- The Yes/No Book: How to do less... and achieve more. (Pearson, 2012)
- Brilliant Stress Management (in its second edition as: How to Manage Stress). (Pearson, 2011 and 2015)